Memory

Hello!

From my last blog, there has been quite a bit of things happening.
For example, there are two new people joining: Thrall, who was described as a... shadow person, I guess you could say, and Nicole, a Pure (a term for a non-feral fox). Now, I haven't met them in great detail, so I don't know anything about them. They seem to be taking to living at Harmonia's just fine, but if they have any... ulterior motives, let's say, I wouldn't know.

Or when Dolos and Light shows up some days back. Now, for the uninitiated, Dolos is, or rather was, the owner of the Dies Irae Hotel, which recently re-branded as the Dies Lucis Hotel. He's a god of trickery and deceit. He differs from Discord in that he's not... malevolent, let's put it that way. He doesn't have a Fluttershy figure to keep him in check. Light is a different matter entirely. I first met him when the League of Villains showed up, and we all know that whenever the League shows up, trouble is usually right around the corner. I got a brainwave, and snuck the command in right under their nose.

... Still very proud of that.

Anyway, they showed up at the house to, as Dolos put it, "caused chaos". The sole problem with that is that we generate enough chaos on the daily that his idea for chaos comes out to be quite tame by comparison. Light is just confused by the whole thing, because, again, we generate enough chaos on the daily.

Which comes to what I want to discuss today: How my memory works.

All my memories, as I'm told, are stored in shelves upon shelves upon shelves in the Labyrinth, where they are stored. If I request a particular memory, one of the workers down there will send it up to the Main Space, where the Council is located. Any memory that's not used anymore will be thrown into the Chasm, where they'll break down and disperse into the wind.

As my dad would say, "Standard stuff."

"But Chris," I hear you ask, "what if you get a concussion? Wouldn't it damage the structure somewhat?" And to be honest... yeah. Yeah it will be damaging. Memories are like glass balls. One hard drop, and... that's gone.

It's terribly fragile, I know. But it's my lot, and I have to deal with it.

Hope that sheds some light into how my mind works.

Until next time,
C. O. Garnet